Various Useful And Interesting Links
History of the Ship
- From 1953 – 1981, the Mandalay was a research vessel known as the RV Vema
- Also the WIKI page
- Ship Database
- Sofar Bermuda
- Google Search for RV Vema articles
- Google Search for SV Mandalay articles
- I am a retired marine biologist, and studied marine geology. I was curious about the geology of the islands I love. If you have ever wondered why some islands have volcanoes and earthquakes, this will help you understand. It is a little technical, but it has good pictures..
- World Heritage Sites
- Tintamarre Island — This is a small flat island off the coast of St Maarten. It is often a beach stop by Windjammers. I was interested in the stories I heard about the island,. Rumours of German submarines and an airstrip. I took a walk inland and found aircraft parts and wreckage. Thus a look for the history.
- Article 1 Saba Islander
- Article 2